Your shopping cart is empty!
Posted by 05/16/2021 0 Comment(s) Wassi's Recipes,
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil use the good stuff here!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the slivered almonds in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Toast in the oven until lightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Immediately transfer to a bowl to stop their cooking and to make sure the hot pan doesn't burn them once they are out of the oven.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the salt, pepper, and cumin and cook 30 seconds. Pour in the broth. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the liquid begins to boil, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the couscous, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
With a fork, fluff up the couscous. Add the raisins, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, and toasted pine nuts to the pot, then stir the ingredients together to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Enjoy hot.