Your shopping cart is empty!
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated on a microplane grater
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated on microplane
- 1 tablespoon of Wassi’s Florida Vintage Sunshine
- 8 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed, split into 16 triangles
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 quarts peanut, vegetable, or canola oil
- Kosher salt (optional)
Combine shrimp, egg, soy sauce, scallions, cornstarch, cilantro, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until extremely finely minced. Alternatively, chop shrimp by hand with a knife until extremely finely minced, then fold in remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
Spread mixture evenly over one side of each piece of bread. Dip shrimp side into sesame seeds to coat if desired.
Heat oil in a wok or Dutch oven to 325°F (use a Thermopen). Carefully transfer half of toasts to the oil, shrimp side-down. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, adjusting flame as necessary to maintain heat, then carefully flip toast and cook until second side is golden brown, about 1 minute longer. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining toasts. Season with salt and serve immediately. Try dipping in BBQ sauce or sweet chili sauce.