Your shopping cart is empty!
Riverway Mikes- Shepherd's Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes
Posted by 10/25/2020 0 Comment(s) Riverway Mike's Saturday Recipes on the BGE,
- 1.5 lb of red and/or white creamer potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 garlic clove crushed or minced
- Wassis Classic Steak rub
- ¾ cup tomato paste one 6-ounce can
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese about 4 oz.
- Bake the potatoes in a 400°F Egg until they can be pierced easily with a fork.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat, until it is browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth.
- Add the vegetables, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit, or smash potatoes and place in a cast iron baking dish. Spoon the filling into or on the potatoes and top with shredded cheese.
- Return to Egg for about 5 minutes, , or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.