Your shopping cart is empty!
Riverway Mike Fiesta Ground Beef Enchiladas 8/21/21
1 pack of small tortillas (about 12-15) cut in half corn or flour tortillas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion diced
3 finely chopped cloves of garlic
1 ½ pound Wassi’s ground beef
1-2 tablespoon Wassi’s Sunset Tango seasoning
1 15oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
2 cups red or green enchilada sauce
2 ½ cups of grated cheddar jack cheese
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes drained
- Preheat the Egg to 350 degrees (indirect). Coat a baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook about 3 minutes then add ground beef, Sunset Tango rub; stir to combine and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up the meat, then add the beans to the mix. Set aside for the build.
- The build is lasagna style layers
- Dip tortillas in the enchilada sauce to coat and place a wet layer on bottom of the baking dish.
- Add 1/2 of the meat mixture, sprinkle of tomatoes then add 3/4 cup of cheese on top of the meat.
- Repeat the process with 1/3 of the wet dipped tortillas, the rest of the meat mixture, and 3/4 cup of cheese.
- Add the final 1/3 of the dipped tortillas on top of the casserole; and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake in Egg for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Let the casserole sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Garnish as you like with-sliced green onion, black olives, cilantro, sour cream, diced red onion, jalapeno, salsa…